Search This Blog

Monday 25 February 2013

Munchies!

I'm going so barmy that I've started talking to myself and therefore thought I'd rant out on the blog- that's what it's there for, right?

I'm munching wayyy too much these days. I don't know why and I need to stop! I've just been to the shop and bought goats' cheese, tomatoes, spinach and bread... Of that list, only bread was on my original list. I'm losing control over myself and although I am going to make something yummy with it shortly, I can only thank God for fasting! It's the only way I'll stop!

However, my culinary experiment shall be fun... since I am hoping to turn bread into toast without a toaster. The Google community really supported me and showed me that others are suffering the same fate; but we can make toast on a frying pan (with butter on either side apparently) or dry, or put the bread in the oven. I'm scared of using ovens that I don't 'know' so I'll avoid that option unless the frying pan option fails miserably. I think it's good for my sense of innovation in the kitchen, but not good for my soul.

Eating even when I'm not hungry is always dangerous. I keep munching on the bag of raisins in my room- the last 500g packet lasted me a month- this one will not make it to that noble standard. I bought dried figs too with the hope to keep my diet "healthy"- I even resisted the pains aux chocolats in the shop! My general moto in terms of 'healthy lifestyle' is to eat as much as you will use in physical activities. I do very little and therefore need to eat very little... This extra food literally has me wanting to go for a run (for which I am too unfit!).

Let tomorrow come and bring peace in fasting- and a stronger sense of discipline! I have a beautiful week ahead where I can try to focus!

No comments:

Post a Comment