Search This Blog

Thursday 9 October 2014

Graduation

It's been a long time since the last post, but not as long as I had thought. Time has flown since Lent and giving up naps and life has moved drastically forward since. Because I typically have a lot of things to say (mainly because so much has happened), I've been wise enough to scribble some of my thoughts down and I hope to break down the journey into several posts.

So a brief update on where I currently stand in life: I've graduated with a Bachelors of Arts degree in English and French. I'm married. And I now live in Munich, Germany.

Lots of big steps in only a few months and now I've got a moment to just pause and relax after all the chaos and pressure. It makes it feel surreal but at least I can look back on it with a slightly clearer mind and being less emotionally charged.

To start things from where we left off, my final year did end up pushing me academically while giving me quite a lot of control over my own work, decisions and exploration- but of course restricting me as far as my tutors' grading boundaries. I learnt a lot about myself and developed my areas of interest as well as making new friends along the way.

The graduation ceremony itself was pleasant, and the weather was nice and warm. I fell quite ill during the day and so couldn't meet as many people as I would have liked, so it was a bit of a shame not to have said congratulations and goodbye to my fellow peers and especially the members of staff. However it was an overall nice day for the family, although it took a while for me to get hold of a nice picture...

I already miss being at university but I guess everyone does. The freedom and responsibility alongside the chance to study and explore what you are passionate about, with people who also respect the field and passion, is comforting. But hey ho! I've now graduated with a qualification that says that I can pursue much more beyond this, whether it's in academia or in a career.

Forgive the cliché but it isn't the end, just a new beginning. A beginning that went head first into wedding preparations.


No comments:

Post a Comment