Search This Blog

Tuesday 2 February 2016

Reading progress

I really would have liked this post to be a quick review of Moby Dick, but unfortunately I haven't yet finished it. The reading has been taking me a lot longer than I could have anticipated and it's true that I haven't necessarily been reading it every day but I have now made the intention to try to. For some reason or another, I keep falling asleep after two or three pages and so I'm not progressing as quickly as I would have liked. This post is to celebrate reaching 25%! I fear that it's because it's American and I have noticed that I'm less inclined to American literature. It's strange because it's not even a boring novel, and the last two Russian novels were extremely more bleak and depressing but I was much more captivated by them. Anyway, I hope to join you soon with a few thoughts on the novel once I've reached the end, whenever that is. I have plenty more on my list and I'm almost tempted to read another book alongside this one- but that wouldn't be a good idea because I know how much I'll neglect it otherwise.


No comments:

Post a Comment