Search This Blog

Thursday 17 January 2013

Snow


 I woke up on Tuesday to this view. I poked my head out of the window to get a similar view to one of my earlier pictures. As you can tell, the mountains have disappeared behind the snow clouds. It was in fact still snowing when the picture was taken.


While waiting at the tram stop, I saw a yellow man. He was shovelling away the snow from selected pedestrian routes. A few moments later I saw another man with a bucket and a hand shovel spreading salt where necessary/ where the snow had been removed. Manual labour but the job was getting done. The snow wasn't even that deep. I think Britain needs to learn a little from these guys!



This picture was taken the day after the snow. It was on my way home from uni and obviously the two men couldn't clear ALL pedestrian routes so I had to tentatively walk down this and beyond to get back home. Alhamdulillah I managed safely. It was all rather slippery though. 

1 comment:

  1. How beautiful, we are yet to see any substantial snowfall up North. I haven't bought any gloves, so I suppose it is a good thing we haven't been greeted by a foot of snow recently!

    ReplyDelete